|Bear Watching in Yosemite|
- Hiking - There are a lot of short hiking trails, especially in the valley that kids will love, many of these trails are stroller friendly. There is also a lot of good material out there to help plan for some excellent hikes: Best Easy Day Hikes Yosemite National Park
- Fishing - Kids love to fish. Make sure that when fishing you are following all the necessary guidelines. Yosemite Trout Fishing Guide (In Full Color)
- Yosemite Museum - There are several museums in the Yosemite area. The more kid friendly ones are the family oriented Nature Center at Happy Isles and the LeConte Memorial Lodge which features a kids corner.
- Picnic - Food is good. Outside is good. Kids are usually good while eating.
- Bear Watching - Make sure you follow the rules and be prepared, but looking for and finding a bear can be very exciting for the kids in Yosemite. You might feel a bit more comfortable if you do it from your car.
- Swim - There are some really cool swimming holes in Yosemite. Swimming is permitted in all bodies of water other than Hetch Hetchy and above waterfalls.
- Cook camp fire food - Food is good. Fire is good. Kids love both. Square Pie Iron with Steel and Wood Handles are very useful and easy to use.
|Yosemite Swimming Hole|